Winfield House sits on a twelve-and-a-half acre property on the northwest side of Regent’s Park. The façades of the residence consist of red brick cladding and Portland stone dressing. At the time of its construction in 1937, the color of the controversial brick material was described as a “quiet, browny sand-faced brick.” The garden façade of Winfield House bears a distinctive stone centerpiece with an arcade on the ground floor. The centerpiece is reminiscent of a house in Dorset by James Gibbs, an 18th-century English architect. There are four boisterous Corinthian pilasters beneath an entablature surmounted by a monumental pediment.